A KVM switch allows you to use one set of keyboard, video, and mouse (KVM) peripherals across multiple computers. This can be extremely helpful if you have multiple computers that you need to access on a regular basis. But with so many different types and brands of KVM switches on the market, it can be tough to know which one is right for you.
Fortunately, the good people of Reddit are here to help. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the best KVM switches according to Redditors. We’ll also provide a few tips on what to look for when shopping for a KVM switch. By the time you’re finished reading, you’ll know everything you need to make an informed purchase decision.
Best KVM Switch Redditors
What Is a KVM Switch?
A KVM switch is a device that allows you to use one set of keyboard, video, and mouse (KVM) peripherals across multiple computers. Typically, KVM switches are used in business or office settings where multiple computers need to be accessed on a regular basis. For example, if you have two computers side-by-side on your desk, a KVM switch would let you use the same monitor, keyboard, and mouse for both computers. That way, you wouldn’t have to constantly plug and unplug your peripherals every time you want to switch between computers.
How Do KVM Switches Work?
KVM switches work by having one set of input peripherals (keyboard, mouse, etc.) that are connected to multiple computers via cables. Then, when you want to switch between computers, all you have to do is press a button on the KVM switch. This will cause the input peripherals to switch over to the other computer automatically.
What Are the Benefits of Using a KVM Switch?
There are several benefits of using a KVM switch, including:
– Increased productivity: By being able to quickly and easily switch between multiple computers, you can get more work done in less time.
– Cost savings: If you’re using multiple monitors, keyboards, and mice for different computers, a KDM switch can help reduce clutter and save money.
– Less strain on your wrists and arms: If you’re constantly reaching for different input peripherals when switching between computer tasks, using a KDM switch can help reduce strain on your wrists and arms.
What Should I Look for When Buying a KDM Switch?
There are several things you should keep in mind when shopping for a KDM switch, including:
– The number of ports: Most KDM switches have 2 or 4 ports. If you only need to connect 2 computers at once, then a 2-port model should suffice. However, if you think you might need to add more computers in the future or if you need to connect more than 2 computers at once currently, then it’s best to get a 4-port model.
– USB compatibility: Some models of KDM switches are designed specifically for USB devices while others are not compatible with USB devices at all. If you plan on connecting any USB peripherals (e.g., flash drives), make sure to get a model that supports USB connections.
Choosing the best KDM switch can be tough with all of the different types and brands on the market today. Fortunately, Redditors are here to help! In this blog post, we took a look at some of the best KDM switches according to Redditors as well as what factors you should consider when shopping for one yourself. By taking their advice into consideration, you’re sure to find the perfect KDM switch for your needs in no time!